Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Fitness and Nutrition Sites - We welcome sites on health, nutrition, vitamins, minerals, herbal and homeopathic remedies, air and water filtration, di

Forums     Login   Signup

Fitness and Nutrition Sites

Manager: tattooed_ogre
Health and Nutrition, Vitamins and Minerals, Herbal, Homeopathic, Air and Water Filtration, Diet and Weight Management, Hair and Skin Care, Cleaning Concentrates and Disinfectants (environmentally friendly) and Services.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Senior Health: Eating and Exercising to Increase Metabolism - 09/07/2012
You might not be aware of it, but, as we age, our metabolism slows down. Now, I don't know who is reading this, and I have long tried to quit assuming that everybody who shows up here knows all the words. In fact, I like to think that a lot of people are here BECAUSE they don't know and are trusting me to help them out. So, if you know a bit about metabolism and don't want to wade through the basics, skip down the page. If, however, you don't know what metabolism is, why it matters, and what you can do to make it work for you, please keep reading. Metabolism is simply the measure of how fast your body processes the food you eat. When you hear "metabolic rate", it's just talking about the speed at which this process occurs. We all have our own metabolic rate. It is affected by age, sex, diet, medications, and other factors. Someone with a "fast" metabolism burns up the food, if you will, faster than someone with a "slow" metabolism. The ...

Senior Health: Eating and Exercising to Increase Metabolism

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy