Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Fitness and Nutrition Sites - We welcome sites on health, nutrition, vitamins, minerals, herbal and homeopathic remedies, air and water filtration, di

Forums     Login   Signup

Fitness and Nutrition Sites

Manager: tattooed_ogre
Health and Nutrition, Vitamins and Minerals, Herbal, Homeopathic, Air and Water Filtration, Diet and Weight Management, Hair and Skin Care, Cleaning Concentrates and Disinfectants (environmentally friendly) and Services.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Senior Exercise: What About the Squat? - 09/21/2012
As a senior with osteoarthritis, and a knee that got really torn up in a soccer game in the Army, I grew away from squats for a while. However, in the last couple of years, I have reconnected with my inner, and outer, squat. In other words, I DO give squat about squats. It is a fact that, as we age, many of us find the squat less appealing, and more difficult. That's a fact. However, if at all possible, it is a good idea to keep this exercise in your workout. At least once a week, at a minimum. The squat, which can be done with bodyweight only, with free weights, or in modified forms with resistance bands or all-in-one exercise machines , and done in a minimum of space, I might add, is by far one of the best exercises for developing lower body strength. It also helps protect the senior from falls, helps fight osteoarthritis in critical areas, helps with many daily activities, and can help us enjoy other activities as well. ...not to men...

Senior Exercise: What About the Squat?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy